Sunday, January 30, 2011

RE/MAX North Associates 3rd Annual Office Summit

On Wednesday January 26th 2011, Kelly Hudnall, Broker/Owner of RE/MAX North Associates with office's in Denton, Argyle and Hickory Creek . . .  Held the office's 3rd Annual Office Summit at Diamond T Ranch and Arena in Denton, TX   (http://www.diamondtranchandarena.com).   A first class bus arrived at the office at 9:30am and the agents were whisked away by "Agent Robbin Cowboys & Cowgirls" from Fairway Mortgage to take them to their SECRET LOCATION.  

Food, Fun, positive motivation, awards and fellowship was the focus of the day - With a special guest appearance by my dear friend and wonderful speaker, DeDe Galindo - we learned to FLY and we got some kicks from Stacy Curtis and Team with Northstar Mortgage who has now embedded a line in my mind I will cherish forever . . . "What's my name?   What's my name?  EDIT EDIT - THAT'S MY NAME"  Thanks to all for making it a great day.  


What did I come away with after the day entitled "Oh Thank Heaven, It's 2011"?   It's actually quite simple.   Don't quit.   Don't quit.  Don't quit.   


I try DAILY to achieve excellence in all that I do. . . and when I don't hit my standard, I am down and frustrated.    By the end of the day I am overwhelmed and beat up by my own thinking of - Why didn't I get that done?   I should of done that this way, I forgot to follow up on that, I have to get the basketball uniforms washed, where's the other pink tie died sock, did I feed the dogs, did I over feed the dogs, did I send the email out, I forgot to do this - 


But what I really need to focus on is "Look at all that I did today."   "Julie Stokes, you did more today than some do all week."   


Then its a purpose focus on what matters most TODAY!   What do I HAVE To get done TODAY - That matters NOW.   


In the 10 months I have been under the guided wing of Kelly Hudnall, she's taught me by example some basic things that we all know to do, but rarely see the results in the actions.   
1)  Do the Right Thing
2)  Do and Fail vs. do nothing at all
3)  Never Quit


Pretty basic right?   You would think.   Make it happen.   It's hard to be all, do all but put things in perspective, follow rules 1, 2 & 3 - and you can't fail.   Just do it.   Give the extra degree.   And Never Quit.  



1 comment:

Kelly Hudnall said...

Nicely done Julie. 2011 has started with full force and I'm so excited to see everyone in our office be successful . You can't win a game AND you can't lose a game if you don't give your all and finish the game. Considering the past few years in Real Estate, for sure there are NO quitters at REMAX North Associates. Teams only become something to rekon with when possible failure lurks. We are a winning team and you are a winning leader. Thank you for all you do!